Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Streets of Shanghai




This is the best way to get around Shanghai. Everyone rides bikes and they have the right of way - first bikes, then taxis, last pedestrians. An interesting note - the lines in the roads are just suggestions! We used a taxi a lot - sometimes a scary experience (they aren't very expensive).
Jeff, Liam and I went for a bike ride to the Puxi side of Shanghai.



Liam and I were looking at some eels, fish and octopus that were being sold on the street when a rooster (just across from where we were standing) ran in front of us squawking - scared us to death!
This is what we had for lunch. It was really good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a different world. it looks like quite an experience. im glad you had fun.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you finally got pictures on here! I've loved hearing about your trip and I LOVE the bag you brought me!

Mike and Kris said...

I'm so glad, but jealous, that you got to go!! We have all been a lot of places and yet they still amaze me and are all so different!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures.
It looks like fun... a little intimidating though. :)

I have alwasy been a chicken.