Wednesday, September 26, 2007


Today is the second anniversary of the van accident that killed Evan Parker and 8 students. The University had a tractor prosession on Monday for Ag Week, which will become a tradition. They are also designing a bronze memorial remembering those killed for their accomplishments and who each were as an individual. It was such a sad day two years ago. I remember Bruce Miller calling late one night and telling me what had happened and asked me to tell Daryl. He was in Virginia and was not able to make it back for the funeral. It is had to lose good friends.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

That was a horrible day! My best friends brother-in-law was one of the students killed. How hard to lose so many good men in one day!

The Eskelsens said...

my brother didn't die.

Deb said...

It took me a minute to get Jen's comment - being Melissa's best friend. :)

The Eskelsens said...

seriously though. I remember this day. and when dad told me what happened. the first time I had seen dad cry...besides when he feels the spirit. It was a rough couple of days...continues to be. thanks for this mom. it is amazing. just like you.

Melissa said...

That's right Jen, you and mom, and T are my best friends! So it should say...other than my sisters and mother, my best friends...