Thursday, September 6, 2007

SEPTEMBER
September to me is a time to get things back to a routine. With the kids home for summer, bedtime wasn't as big a deal (except to dad) and time of less structured. I loved it when summer began after a long year of school, homework, etc. (even for me). September was as welcome as June - time to be more scheduled.
I am hoping to get back to a routine of doing laundry and ironing, "cooking" some meals, keeping things picked up. I'm sure there is more. The main thing that has to happen is I have to get back to WW and exercise. I am not sleeping well and I know that is related to the not exercising. I am 4 lbs. over my WW goal (from 7 lbs. under) and it is time to pay more attention.
One stumbling block to the whole routine idea is traveling. I haven't figured out how to keep things scheduled and still be gone - especially the food/exercise thing. I have three trips booked right now -
  1. 9/23-9/25 - I am going to meet dad in Los Angeles. He will be there for training on some equipment they bought.
  2. 10/05-10/11 - Georgia - probably the last one. Dad hopes the job will be done Oct. 1 and then 2-3 weeks training.
  3. 10/16-10/21 - Baltimore/Washington DC - Advising Conference. I'm hoping to see Ana and the kids while I am there.

Looking forward to seeing the two boys soon!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I never understood why parent's were ready for school to start! Now I get it and my kids aren't even in school! It's been nice for Nate to be in work and back in school so we are all on a schedule again. Have fun traveling. Congrats on your award that you're going to DC to receive.

The Eskelsens said...

I love your blog.